
Chris Hansen’s Roblox account was banned live on stage at CrimeCon while he and YouTuber Schlep demonstrated how strangers can approach users through the platform.
Hansen, best known for hosting To Catch a Predator, has spent the past year investigating child safety concerns surrounding Roblox alongside Schlep, a creator whose sting-style videos have targeted alleged predators using the game.
Schlep revisited the bizarre incident in an August 15 video titled “Roblox BANNED Chris Hansen,” shortly after footage from the panel began spreading across social media.
The demonstration took place during Hansen’s Roblox investigation panel at CrimeCon in Las Vegas on May 29.
Hansen kicked from Roblox moments after Snapchat request
“I think it’s one thing for all of us to just talk about Roblox. I think people need to see it,” Schlep told the audience before beginning the demonstration.
Schlep explained that he could not operate the account himself because Roblox permanently banned him and issued a cease-and-desist in August 2025. He instead handed control to Hansen and directed him toward a random chat experience called Ro-Meet.
After cycling through several users, Hansen was approached by someone who asked if he had Snapchat. When Hansen questioned why they wanted to move the conversation away from Roblox, the user responded, “IDK I am bored.”
A few minutes later, Hansen was abruptly disconnected. A message on the screen stated: “You have been kicked by this experience or its moderators.”
Hansen then refreshed the Roblox homepage and discovered that the entire demonstration account had been banned for “repeated or serious rule breaking.”
“Your account has been moderated for violating our Terms of Use for inappropriate content/behavior,” the moderation notice reportedly read.
Onstage, Schlep immediately claimed that a Roblox employee must have been watching the panel. However, neither he nor Hansen presented evidence confirming the ban was manually issued because of their appearance.
In his August 15 video, Schlep said he had recorded himself spending ten minutes inside the same Ro-Meet experience just hours before the panel. According to the YouTuber, the account used during that test received no moderation action.
“Roblox has to have the worst PR team of all time because what do you mean they banned Chris Hansen?” he said.
Schlep claimed the Ro-Meet experience was itself a re-upload of another version removed just days earlier. He said the previous version accumulated millions of visits, with thousands of people allegedly using it each day before Roblox took action.
The YouTuber also pushed back against Roblox’s previous suggestion that he delayed reporting violating experiences so he could use them in his videos. Schlep claimed he had reported similar random-chat games for more than a year, including sending them to people connected to Roblox’s safety council.
“I’ve been sounding the alarm on these random chat room games for well over a year now,” he said. “Even before my cease-and-desist, I was reporting these games to Roblox.”
Schlep claims other accounts remained after Hansen was banned
According to Schlep, Roblox removed the game Hansen entered approximately one hour after the CrimeCon panel. However, he claimed an identical version had returned to the platform by the end of that night.
Schlep also alleged that the user named “Freaky For Real For Real,” who appeared shortly before Hansen was disconnected, was not banned until several days later. He claimed the account that asked Hansen for his Snapchat remained active when his video was published.
Roblox has not publicly explained why Hansen’s demonstration account was moderated.
Roblox previously said Schlep’s investigations violated its policies and could interfere with established safety procedures. The company permanently banned Schlep and issued a cease-and-desist in August 2025.
It has since introduced several new protections, including mandatory facial age checks for chat, but scrutiny surrounding the platform continues.
On August 13, the US Senate launched an investigation into child safety on Roblox and ordered the company to preserve records connected to abuse, exploitation and bullying.

I’m Abhishek Sharma, an author at TigerJek.com. I enjoy exploring games, testing different strategies, and turning what I learn into clear, useful guides. My goal is to help players understand the game better and improve without the usual confusion.




